St. Peter Catholic School was founded in 1912 due to a concern that religion was not being taught in the Rising Sun School which served the children of the area. St. Peter Catholic School was built under the direction of Fr. William Cummings and opened with 22 students. During the next 13 years, the school would go through several openings and closings due to the unavailability of qualified teachers. In 1925, two Sisters of St. Dominic from Great Bend came to teach at St. Peter, and the doors have remained open ever since. Though St. Peter Catholic School has gone through many hard times due lack of teachers and financial hardships, it has remained a strong force for Catholic education in the southwest corner of Wichita. We were blessed with our many years of Dominican Sisters, and feel that we owe much of our success to their dedication. We look to a bright future and a continuation of what our founders started in the early 1900s.