WOW!! What a fun first couple weeks of school we have had in Kindergarten! We are starting to get into a routine and we are really working on listening, following directions, and being nice to our friends!
I'm excited for September! We have so many fun things planned!
Here are a few reminders:
September 3rd - NO SCHOOL
September 4th - NO SCHOOL (Inservice)
September 7th - Grandparents Mass 8:00 am
September 9th - Parish Picnic
September 10th - NO SCHOOL (Inservice)
September 28th - Spirit Day - Jeans and St. Peter shirt
Here are the skills we will be working on in September:
Lesson 1.2 (Going to School)
Sight word: like
Letters: Pp, Qq, Rr, Ss, Tt
Grammar: Nouns for Places and Antonyms
Lesson 1.3 (Pets)
Sight word: the
Letters: Uu, Vv, Ww, Xx, Yy, Zz
Grammar: Nouns for Animals and Things and Synonyms
Lesson 1.4 (Jobs)
Sight word: and
Letter: Mm (Mimi Mouse)
Grammar: Action Verbs
Finish Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Counting Numbers to 5
Chapter 3: Represent, Count, and Write Numbers 6 to 9
Chapter 3: God Gives Us Water
Chapter 4: God Gives Us the Land
Chapter 5: God Made the Animals
Week 2: Location
Week 3: Rules
Week 4: Responsiblity
Unit 1: Doing Science
Unit 2: Animals
We will also be doing our Apple Unit all month! This will be so much fun!
Thanks so much for coming to Open House! It was great meeting all of you! I am SO excited for a new school year!! We are going to have a great year and I can't wait to see you kiddos learn and grow!
Here are a couple of reminders for the beginning of the year:
- Please make sure their red folder comes back each day. Homework will be sent home in that folder along with their work and other notes from the office.
- Please return their orange Kindergarten portfolios back by August 31st.
- Please send headphones for them in a ziploc bag with your child's name on it.
- We will have PE on Tuesday, Thursday, and every other Friday. They will need their PE shoes these days.
- Make sure and follow our class Instagram @msurbanskinderclass and send your singed permission slip with your child.
August 16th: First day of school
August 22nd: School picture day
August 27th: PTO meeting at 7:00
August 31st: Spirit Day - Jeans and St. Peter Shirt
Here are the skills we will be working on in August!
Week 1 and 2 Introduction
Lesson 1.1 Families
Sight word: I
Letters: Kk, Ll, Mm, Nn, Oo
Grammar: Nouns for People
Chapter 1: Represent, Count, and Write Numbers 0-5
Chapter 1: God Made All Things
Chapter 2: God Gives Us Light
Unit 1: Doing Science
Week 1: Welcome to School