Hope you are enjoying your Easter Monday! When we return to school on Tuesday, we will begin a busy week, the week before our 1st Holy Communion! Along with sprinkled practices in the church for this special event, here's what else we'll be doing.
- Wednesday - Confessions
- Friday - Eucharistic Adoration
- Saturday - 9:00 A.M.-10:00 A.M. - 1st Holy Communion Practice (2nd Grader & at least one parent must attend)
- SUNDAY - 1:00 P.M. (BE IN SCHOOL CAFETERIA BY 12:40 P.M.) - 1ST HOLY COMMUNION MASS!!!
- Social Studies - Rights & Responsibilities - The information in this Studies Weekly is somewhat a review over things we have already covered this year.
- Science - Kinds of Animals - mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians
- Languages Arts: We will read a realistic fiction story and cover idioms. In grammar, we will be learning about adjectives of comparison ending in -er & -est. Spelling words will be homophones, words that sound alike but are spelled differently and have different meanings. SPELLING WORDS: meet, meat, week, weak, mane, main, tail, tale, be, bee, too, two, sea, see
Just a Reminder: The week of April 9, we will be having our Spell-a-Thon spelling tests. This special list of words includes words that 2nd graders should be able to spell and was included in your Spell-a-Thon packet of information. We will have a daily test of about 15-20 of these words the week of April 9. With 1st Holy Communion coming up this next weekend, you probably won't have much time to study over the weekend, so please have your 2nd grader study a few of these words each evening this week. Thank you in advance!